Tuesday, March 31, 2009

RIP Andy Hallett

Sad day. Andy Hallett, best known for his portrayal as the demon Lorne on Joss Whedon's Angel series passed away at the age of 33 from heart failure. He had been fighting heart disease for five years and he lost that battle on Sunday night.

Personally, I loved Andy's portrayal of Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan, aka the Host who read people's auras as they sang karaoke in his nightclub, Caritas. He had some of the best lines, called Angel varieties of pastries and was a very welcome addition to the show. I even enjoyed the songs he did for the Angel soundtrack. It's just sad news. He died far too young, only a couple of years older than I am. He will be missed. I found a quick best of Lorne video. Probably not the best out there, but it still made me smile; a nice little in memory of.



1 comment:

  1. Angel is one of my all time favorite shows! and Lorne was a fantastic character, albeit not my favorite. Winnie was, probably because of my obsession with hot geeky chicks!

    ReplyDelete