Monday, January 26, 2009

MONDAY MEME - 20 MEN I ADMIRE

Found here.

The meme is called the 20 Men I Admire. The title pretty much explains it all. Here are the rules.

1. Link back to the blog that tagged you.
2. Link back to the originator of this meme, which is The Dino Lounge
3. Create your own list of 20 men that you admire and post them on your blog.
4. Tag 5 other people to participate in this meme.
5. If you like, please let The Dino Lounge know that you've participated in this meme so he can check out your posting and comment on it.

So, I hereby tag:
bonebreaker over at The Mad Ravings of an Entertainment Junkie
SQT over at Fantasy & Sci-Fi Lovin Blog
Johnny over at Freddy in Space
Melody at Trap Door and
iMike over at The World of iMike

Now since this is a Geeky blog here's my list of the 20 pop culture men (still living) I admire:


1. Neil Gaiman. He's too talented for words. Plus, Sandman kind of changed my life in a lot of good ways.

2. Johnny Depp who I am convinced can do anything save for maybe flying and 3. Tim Burton one of my favorite directors.

4. Robert Downey Jr. who, like Depp is an amazing actor and both should have far more awards then they already do.

5. Paul Simon who I have seen in concert twice and whose songs can always make me feel better.

6. The Cohen Brothers whose films are made of awesome.

7. Eddie Izzard. Seen him twice, highly intelligent, funny and talented. I quote him endlessly.

8. David Bowie. I have no words.

9. Peter Jackson. For making some of my favorite horror films and then bringing Lord of the Rings to the big screen.

10. Wade Robson. He's an amazing choreographer.

11. Joss Whedon. Buffy, Angel, Firefly. The man is a genius and a fellow geek and I could not admire him and love him more.

12. Neil Patrick Harris. From Doogie to Barney Stinson, he's pretty much made of awesome. In fact, you could say he's legend...hope you're not lactose intolerant...dary.

13. Bruce Campbell. He's comfortable with who he is. And a very nice guy in person.

14. John Williams. Composer/Conductor extraordinaire.

15. George Romero. I love zombies. Zombies make me happy and he brought them to life for me.

16. Hugh Laurie. Snark = sexy, but more than that he's incredibly funny, gifted and can write one hell of a story.

17. Danny Boyle. Trainspotting. Life Less Ordinary. 28 Days Later. Sunshine. Slumdog Millionaire. Need I say more?

18. Chuck Palahniuk. He's written some of my favorite books.

19. Bryan Fuller. Another fellow geek who brought me Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, and Pushing Daisies. Maybe he can save Heroes from itself.

20. Tom Waits. Amazing musician.


Wow, that was harder than I thought it would be.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool list. I'm going to have to try really hard not to copy a bunch of it-- I may not be able to resist entirely; Robert Downey got an Academy Award nomination for "Tropic Thunder"-- that deserves it's own category for awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great list. Thanks for participating. It was really cool to read your choices. They are different from most of the ones I've seen so far on other people's lists. I think that's wonderful. I'm a big fan of so many of these men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, don't tag me - I'm no good at these memes. . . :-)

    Let me just add Jesus Christ, Bruce Lee, James Hetfield, Richard Laymon, Ray Garton, John Dahl, Kevin Smith, Sethy Rogen, Edward Norton, and Gary Oldman - the first ten to pop into my head - and of course, my father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you for tagging me! I will probably get around to this within the next few days and i'll let ya know when I do!

    ReplyDelete